Avalanche Skills Training AST 1 Certification
• Describe avalanche formation and release using basic terminology
• Recognize avalanche terrain
• Complete a backcountry trip plan using all available resources
• Describe techniques to minimize risk when traveling in avalanche terrain
• Demonstrate a basic companion rescue
• Understand the limits of your training
• Use the Avaluator™ as a decision-making tool in areas where trips are rated using the Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale (ATES) and where Avalanche Danger Ratings and Avalanche Bulletins are available
Before starting the course please familiarize yourself with the websites below:
AST 1 $250 per person (tax included)
($50 deposit is required upon registration)
All participants receive a Freeriding In Avalanche Terrain course manual, the Avaluator tool and a course completion certificate.
* We can always add another date to accommodate your group. Please contact us directly at 604.808.3825
February 6th and 7th 2016
February 13th and 14th 2016
March 13th and 14th 2016
March 27th and 28th 2016
Participants are responsible for their own lift access, meals, transceiver, probe, shovel and backcountry touring equipment each day.
$7.25 per person is a financial contribution to Avalanche Canada included in the course fee. It is a fundraising fee which goes directly to the Avalanche Canada to assist in continued development of the AST program and public avalanche safety.
Thank You for your contribution.